Zelle is an instant money transfer app. It allows you to send and receive money with your friends and relatives quickly and simply. Zelle has become popular with time as it partnered with more than 30 major U.S. banks. It is a P2P transfer service; hence it is quick and secure, completing the transaction typically within minutes.
Reasons for deleting your Zelle account:
There can be various reasons what you want to delete your Zelle account. Some of them could be:
- Zelle app showing continuous error.
- Your device does not support Zelle. You may not be able to receive money because of this.
- The applications stop responding mid-way
- No security from scams and frauds.
- You’re facing problems with enrolling on Zelle.
- None of your friends or relatives use Zelle so you do not want to keep the account too.
There can be many other reasons. Therefore, we provide you with step-by-step guidance through the process of deleting your Zelle account.
Read This to Know >> Here is How To Change Your Email Address On Zelle: Try These Ways.
Steps to delete Zelle account
Are you fed up with using Zelle for making payments? You might be facing some issues with the Zelle app or another reason you would like to delete your Zelle account. Whatever the reason be, here we provide step by step guide to deleting your account
- Go to the official Zelle website; scroll down the page, and find the option to fill in your registered phone number or email address.
- Then, you need to state your subject. Choose Request to delete my account.
- Then the description box appears. State your reason for deleting the Zelle account in the box.
- Now click on the Send Message option.
- You will receive a confirmation message from the team with the account deleted.
Read This to Know >> Here is How To Connect A Bank Account On Zelle? (Try These Tips)
Deleting your Zelle account from Bank of America
If you are a user of the Bank of America, you can delete your Zelle account by contacting your bank. You need to call the bank and state your problem. The customer care team would guide you through the process.
You can locate the find the customer care service number in the following way:
- Go to the Bank of America website.
- Click Help in the top right corner of the homepage.
- The “we are here to help” menu is on the right side. Click on “ways to contact us”.
- In the third column to the right, you will find “mobile banking”, click on it.
- Under the “call us” section, you will find the “Mobile banking support” phone number.
- Now you can connect with the customer support team. They will guide you through the process.
Read This to Know >> Is The Zelle Account Permanently Locked? Here Is What To Do
Turning off Zelle with Wells Fargo
You need to contact the bank to turn off Zelle with Wells Fargo. Follow the given steps to locate their customer care contact number:
- Go to the Wells Fargo website.
- Tap on the “Customer service” option on the upper right corner of your screen.
- Scroll down and find the “customer service support topics”. Tap on the “Mobile Features” tab.
- On the next page, find the “still have questions” option on the right.
- Now, tap on the plus sign next to the “Call Us” option. You can contact their customer care team now. The operator will guide you through the further process.
How do I remove Zelle from my account from Citizens bank?
- Go to the Citizens online banking website.
- Look for the contact number to connect with their customer care services.
- They will guide you through the process and help you deactivate your Zelle account.
Read This to Know >> Here is How to Fix If Zelle Payment Request Failed
How do I remove Zelle from my account from SunTrust bank?
- Launch the SunTrust website on your phone or computer.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on account and then click on Deactivate account.
- An email will be sent to you by SunTrust for confirmation.
- Follow the instructions given in the email to delete your Zelle account.
How to delete Zelle account from Regions bank?
- Launch the website of Regions banks from your phone or PC.
- Scroll down and look for the “help” tab on their screen.
- There you can find the “call us” option.
- Tap on the “call us” tab to connect with them and tell them your query.
The operator will guide you through the process and you can delete your Zelle account.
How to delete Zelle account with chase
You can delete your Zelle account if you are a chase customer by contacting their customer care services.
- Visit the official chase website.
- Find the “Explore products” menu on the top right corner of the page.
- Now in the menu, click on “See all.”
- Now under the digital banking section, tap on “online banking.”
- On the next screen find the “have more questions” phrase and click on the “contact us” button.
- Scroll down on your screen and look for the “still have questions” option.
- You can find the contact support number and different other way to contact them.
- Click on your preferred option and contact them. State your query and the operator will guide you through the process.
How to delete Zelle account from Navy Federal Bank:
If you do not want to continue using Zelle with Navy federal app, you should contact their customer care services number.
- Go to their online banking website at www.navyfederal.org.
- Scroll down the page and look for the customer service number provided at the bottom of the page.
- You can call them and connect with them. They will guide you through the whole process and your Zelle account will be deleted from Navy Federal.
How to delete your Zelle account from Td bank
If you have a bank account on TD bank, you can contact their customer care services and connect with them. Follow the instructions to find their contact number:
- Visit the Td bank website.
- Scroll on the page, look for the “Need to talk to us directly? Contact us” tab, and click on it.
- You will be guided by them to complete the whole process.
How to delete your Zelle account from Capital one
- Visit their online banking website at www.capitalone.com
- Scroll down the screen and under the support section, click on “contact us.”
- Now under the “General customer service phone support” section, find the contact number and call them.
- State your query and follow the given instructions to delete your Zelle account.
How to delete Zelle account from U.S. bank
- Visit their official website at www.usbank.com
- Now scroll down to the middle of the page. Locate the customer care service number under “24-hour banking.”
- Call on the given contact number and mention your query.
- You will be guided by the customer care operator to delete your Zelle account.
How to delete your Zelle account from Bank of the West
- Visit the official website of the Bank of the West at: www.bankofthewest.com
- Now scroll to the middle of the page and look for “contact information.”
- A drop-down menu with their contact menu will appear. Call them at the number provided to resolve your issue.
- Follow the instructions given by them to delete your Zelle account.
Canceling a Wells Fargo payment
If you made the payment to the wrong person and wondering whether you can cancel the payment and get your money back, don’t worry, there is still a way to cancel the payment.
However, keep in mind that you can only cancel the payment if the other person has not yet received it. If they are not on Zelle, there must be a delay in sending the money. You can cancel the payment as long as it isn’t received by the receiver.
Follow the steps to cancel a payment:
- Open the Wells Fargo app on your phone.
- Log in with your username and password or the touch ID.
- Now find the section called “account summary”.
- On the home screen click on “send money with Zelle”.
- Click on the Activity tab to see all your payments.
- Tap on a payment that says “pending” to cancel the payment.
- Thereafter you can see the amount and name of the person you sent your money to. Now tap on the “cancel” button below that.
How to delete Zelle account on the app
If you want to delete your Zelle account, you must launch your online banking app. You cannot directly delete your Zelle account from the app itself.
Find the customer care service number of the bank you are using. Contact customer care services and state your query. They will guide you through the whole process.
How to unlink a bank account from Zelle
You cannot unlink a bank account through your mobile banking app or within Zelle. You need to contact your bank, and the operator will instruct you through the process.
How to unregister your number from Zelle
If you have already enrolled your mobile phone number with some other service, you need to contact their customer care service and ask them to remove your account.
If you have forgotten where you enrolled first, you can connect with the Zelle support service at 844-428-854.
Keeping yourself protected
A lot of people have claimed that they have been scammed on Zelle. It is one of the reasons which make Zelle users insecure about the app. However, if you are a Zelle user, you must know how to be protected from potential scammers.
Here are some tips that can be helpful:
- Do not share your username and password with anybody over the phone, even if you know the person.
- If ever you get a text message asking for a verification code do not respond. They might be potential scammers, as Zelle does not send these kinds of text messages to their customers unless you’ve sent information.
Zelle is one of the fastest services, without a doubt. However, it comes with its shortcomings. There can be various reasons you want to delete your Zelle. Tell us about the problems you faced using Zelle and why you want to delete the account. We would love to hear from you and provide possible solutions to your problems.